Can You Help???? Hearing Wales is looking for people who suffer from hearing loss, or who live with a hearing loss sufferer that are good with a pen (or keyboard!!). We need people to write a blogs or diaries for us to use on our website or in a newsletter that would help other people in similar situations. We would reward you for your time and effort with a 6 month supply of free hearing aid batteries, or with the same value of high street vouchers if you do not currently wear hearing aids.
“It takes the average person over 10 years to address their hearing loss” (Action on Hearing Loss). Once someone has decided they want to address it, many people feel the way you maybe felt – unsure of where to go, who to trust etc.
- The difference between NHS and Private Hearing Aids
- Living/Coping with Hearing Loss (both from a sufferer and carers perspective)
- How To Get The Most From Your Hearing Aids – hints and tips
- Where To Go To Get Your Hearing Tested (maybe some of you visited a range of places from GP to Audiology and other Private Retailers)
- What Happens In a Hearing Test – A Patients Experience
- What I’ve Been Missing (i.e. grandchildren talking, birdsong etc.)
The blogs do not have to be long, but if you had any photos to include that would be fantastic.